…..And now it’s your turn to all say “Hi Alison.”
No but really, I have never had a blog, and honestly hadn’t even thought about starting one until a few hours ago. I have a longtime friend, Emily, who started a blog this past spring and I find myself anxiously anticipating her next post (however painfully spread out they seem to be lately…seriously Emily, you’re killin’ me smalls.) Thus my inspiration to join the bandwagon and start my own blog!
I think the best thing to start with would be the ever so cliché ‘About Me’ schpeel you probably care nothing about:
- My name is Alison (in case you didn’t catch the header.) I’m 22 years old with the mentality of a 50 year old and the sense of humor of a 5 year old.
- I’m from Florida, born and raised in Manatee County, but currently am living in Colorado Springs/Fountain, Colorado where were about to buy our first house! I’M SO EXCITED! But more on that later…
- I graduated from the University of Florida *GO GATORS!* with a Bachelor’s of Science in Ag Education and Communications. I miss college every day and want to go back!
- My husband, Jacob, is a soldier in the US Army. He repairs CH-47 Chinook Helicopters (and I honestly kind of
hateam jealous of him for that….I wish I could work on helicopters all day!)
- But, sad as it may be, I don’t get to work on helicopters all day….I get to watch them fly over me all day. I work on the military installation (steps from the heli hanger) as a Range and Training Land Assessment Technician. RTLA Tech= big fancy title for someone who checks on the soldier’s training areas and makes sure that they aren’t hurting the land….and it’s not hurting them in return. If they do blow it up good enough to cause environmental concerns or safety issues, I complete research on how to rehabilitate it….I promise it’s not as complicated as it sounds.
- I am in the stage of life where I am transitioning from the young, college-loving free spirit into the scary depths of full on adulthood with a full time career and a mortgage. My life, style and personal feelings towards things are changing but I am finding I am a better person lately both outside and inside.
Okay that’s enough of that. I always thought it’s hilarious and a little uncomfortable when you suddenly don’t know who you are when asked about yourself (technically you didn’t ask but…..moving on.)
I’m sure by now you’re wondering why you should bother coming back to this blog or what it even means. Glitter and Antlers is a bit random. The title was itself a random thought as I was trying to decide my personal style. Ultimately I decided I am a country girl from Manatee County who grew up riding horses, getting dirty and enjoying the outdoors…and also enjoys the glitz of a rustic-chic style and shiny things. I may sometimes use this blog as a personal diary of sorts to vent some feelings or great epiphanies….some DIY projects….perhaps info, pictures and helpful tips about the destinations I visit (when the Army allows it…or forces it)…..the journey of buying and styling a house….all in all, just my life full of Glitter and Antlers.
Check back often or subscribe to be notified of new posts! I promise what’s to come is a lot better than this rehearsed and stale introduction!